Roche Harbor Resort and Our Lady of Good Voyage Chapel located on beautiful San Juan Island which is a part of a chain of islands in Washington State known as the San Juan Islands.
The chapel overlooking the harbor was built in 1892 by John S. McMillan as a Methodist Church. On the weekdays it was used as a schoolhouse for his employees’ children. The chapel was renovated in 1956 when Roche Harbor was purchased by the Tarte family. In 1960 it was dedicated as a Catholic church, Our Lady of Good Voyage, the only privately owned Catholic church in the United States.
January 2nd, 2020
Viewed 141 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 01/30/2023 at 4:18 PM